How to Set Up Parental Controls
Applies to: Wii, Wii mini
In this article, you'll learn how to complete the initial setup of parental controls.
Note: To input text, select the white text box to access the on-screen keyboard. Select OK to close it.
Complete these steps
- Access System Settings.
- Click the blue arrow on the right to access Wii System Settings 2.
- Select Parental Controls and Yes.
- Click Ok three times to begin setup.
- Input the desired PIN and select OK.
- Input the PIN again and select OK.
- Select a secret question and click OK.
- Input the answer and select OK.
- Select Game Settings and PIN then The Highest Game Rating.
- Use the blue arrow to scroll through the ESRB ratings.
- Select the desired rating restriction and OK.
- Select Confirm.
- Select Other Settings and OK.
- For each setting select Do not restrict or Restrict and Next to proceed.
- Some features will not appear until the Wii Console is connected to the Internet.
- Once all selections are made, select Confirm.
- Select Settings Complete to save the changes.