Applies to: Wii, Wii mini
In this article, you'll learn how to sync the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus to the Wii console using Standard Mode.
- Only a Wii Remote in Standard Mode can turn the Wii console power ON or OFF.
- This procedure may not work for extra remotes while in certain applications. Be sure to exit all applications if you notice that a sync is unsuccessful.
Complete these steps
- Press the Power Button on the Wii console to turn it on.
- Open the SD Card Slot cover on the front of the Wii console. If you are using a Wii mini, the SYNC Button is located on the left hand side next to the battery compartment. The SYNC Button is a darker shade of red than the console.
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote to be synced.
- Some models of the Wii Remote include a hole in the battery cover and a tool on the wrist strap to push the SYNC Button with. With this model, the battery cover does not need to be removed to access the SYNC Button.
- Press and release the SYNC Button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the Player LED on the front of the Wii Remote will blink. While the lights are still blinking, quickly press and release the red SYNC Button on the Wii console.
- When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).
- This sync procedure must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.